Are you tired of disturbing tranquility in your neighborhood while cutting trees or clearing your yard? Black and Decker LCS 1240 Lithium Ion battery Chainsaw provides one of the best solutions for you. I do find a great sense of satisfaction from using this chainsaw not only because of its quiet nature, but also due to its high efficiency coupled with safety features.
It is an awesome feeling to watch a tree that has taken over 50 years to grow, falling down and being subdivided into pieces within just a few minutes!
I have learnt that most people use a chainsaw to cut down firewood or handle much simpler tasks like clearing yards. This type of chainsaw is most convenient for people living in the ranch community who depends on the firewood to heat up the house during cold winter.
One of the outstanding features of Black and Decker LCS 1240 Lithium Ion Chainsaw is the side loaded 40V Lithium ion battery which powers the chainsaw, therefore no need for gas and oil. When you order the chainsaw, it comes with the battery together with a charger.
On just a single charge, the chainsaw can cut up to 60 4X4 lumber cuts. It has a charge indicator that displays the state of charge when charging or while using it. This enables you to plan appropriately based on how far the charge will last.
It has a 12” Oregon bar together with a tool-free tensioning chain that you can easily adjust without using tools. The adjustment of the bar entails both loosening and tightening process. Loosening of the black bar helps in customizing the locking knob on the right side of the chainsaw.
This will subsequently allow the tightening of the orange tensioning knob to ensure proper adjustment of the chain. The chain usually slack and expands slightly during use, hence it is important to frequently tighten it up for efficient cutting.
Table of Contents
Features of Black and Decker LCS1240 Lithium Ion Chainsaw
- Wrap around handle: the top wrap around handle is made from plastic. It makes the user comfortable and has control over the chainsaw due to the ergonomic grip created as a result.
- 40V Lithium Ion battery: the battery comes when ready to use and holds a charge for a maximum of 18 months. On average, a single charge enables 60 4X4 lumber cuts. It has a charge indicator that alerts you on the state of the battery.
- Tool free chain tensioning: Black and Decker LCS 1240 Lithium Ion Chainsaw does not need tools while adjusting the chain. It is very simple to loosen and tighten the chain using the black bar and orange knob.
- Lightweight: the chainsaw only weighs 8.3 pounds, which makes the chainsaw easy to handle with all cutting types.
- Automatic oiling mechanism: this ensures that the bar and chain is regularly lubricated. Manual oiling which is associated with gas powered chainsaw does not apply here. Also, priming is unnecessary during automatic lubrication. To help you keep track of your oil level, the chainsaw has a window for proper visibility.
- 12 inch bar and chain: the bar and the chain are made from Oregon. This ensures high speed while cutting and at the same time minimizes vibration and noise.
- Item dimensions: the chainsaw measures 9.63” X 8.81” X 28.56”.
- The chainsaw is easy to activate; you simply insert the charged 40V battery, pull back the off button and then pull the trigger.
- Has ergonomic grip as the top wrap, which is made from plastic.
- Generally, the saw is lightweight-8.3 pounds.
- It has an automatic lubrication mechanism with an oil level indicator to alert you on oil usage.
- Has a tool free chain tensioning mechanism.
- It is one of the cheapest chainsaws on the market with amazing features.
Questions and Answers
Q: Does the chainsaw come with lubricating oil? A: No. you need to purchase the oil differently. However, it has an automatic lubrication mechanism with an oil level indicator to alert you on oil usage.
Q: is it powered by battery or electricity? A: The Black and Decker LCS 1240 Lithium Ion Chainsaw use the battery and not electricity as its source of power. It runs on a 40V Lithium Ion rechargeable battery. The battery comes together with a charger and can be charged on a normal or standard household 2 prong outlets.
Q: How long does it take for a battery to be fully charged? A: The 40V Lithium Ion rechargeable battery takes about 45 minutes to be fully charged.
The two unique features of the Black and Decker LCS 1240 Lithium Ion Chainsaw is its plastic handling and its super lightweight. You do not need special expertise to use this chainsaw as it is simple and safe to use. On just a single charge, the chainsaw can cut up to 60 4X4 lumber cuts. It has charge indicator that displays the state of charge when charging or while using it.