Timberline Chain saw Sharpener with 3/16 Inch Carbide Cutter
Even if you have an electric chainsaw sharpener at home or in your shop you will want to have one of these chainsaw sharpeners to carry with you when you work out in the fields. You never know when your chain will be dulled and having this device in your tool arsenal will insure that you always have a sharp chain when you need it.
Table of Contents
Things I Love about this Timberline Chain saw Sharpener
I have been trying to think of things I do not like about this chainsaw sharpener, and so far I cannot come up with any. This little tool is handier than a shirt pocket, affordable, and reliable. I recommend one of these devices to all saw owner. The following features are ones I love.
Connects to the Bar
You do not have to get out a saw wrench and remove the chain from the saw when your teeth get dull. You simply connect this portable little device to the bar of the saw and pull the chain through it so that it can sharpen each tooth. When the chainsaw sharpener has finished doing the work needed you take it off of the bar and put it back in your toolbox. It is that easy.
Portable and Lightweight
I like things that are portable so that I have the tools I need wherever I am. A lot of manufacturers make items that are portable but they do not always consider the weight of the materials they use in construction so you end up with a portable item that requires Goliath to carry it around for you. This little chainsaw sharpener only weighs 1.2 pounds. It is easy to carry with you anywhere you go.
Works on most chain sizes
Having a chainsaw sharpener that will only sharpen one size chain, or sharpen on type of chain is not an option for me. I own several saws, and I own ripping chains, and regular limb trimming chains. I need something like this that will accommodate several different chain sizes so I can keep all of my tools functioning properly.
- Sharpens every tooth of the chains to a razor sharp precision
- Insures that each tooth is the same length for accurate cutting
- Bolts to the bar of the saw
- You do not have to remove the chain from the saw bar to sharpen it
- Accommodates the majority of chain sizes
- Is lightweight and easy to carry with you
- It is portable and you can take it into the woods instead of taking extra chains with you when you go to cut wood
- Sharpens a chain in a fraction of the time it would take to sharpen the same chain using a standard hand file
- Works as well as an electric chainsaw sharpener except this is portable
- Machine can move while in operation. You can score the holing screws using a chisel or a nail and prevent this from being a problem.
- Cutters are brittle and seem to easily be damaged
If you own a chainsaw then you need this chainsaw sharpener. That statement is pretty cut and dried, but it is the absolute truth. Also, don’t forget to read our other Timberline sharpener guide : Best Timberline Chainsaw Sharpeners .