Timber Tuff CS-12V Portable Electric Chain Saw Chain Sharpener
Timber Wolf has created the best chainsaw grinder in this little portable device. If you have ever been at a deer lease, or camping and had your chain go dull on your saw then you know how hard it can be to file it properly or find a chainsaw sharpener to do the job for you.
Having this light weight item packed in with your things when you go out into the woods means you will never be stuck with a dull chain again.
Table of Contents
Things I Love about this Portable Electric Chain Saw Chain Sharpener
I believe the chainsaw sharpener is the one that has features that you will be able to use. If you do not get to use the item often then the chainsaw sharpener becomes one of those useless gadgets that decorate the upper shelves of your work space, or closet. The following features caused me to fall in love with this chainsaw chain sharpener.
I go camping, and hunting, and go out into the woods to cut firewood for my fireplace. I used to have to carry two or three chains with me so that I could be guaranteed a sharp cutting edge when I needed one. This electric chainsaw sharpener is powered by a 12V battery so I get the convenience of an automatic chainsaw sharpener with the portability of a manual file set.
Stays Cool to the Touch
You do not have to worry about burning your hands, or starting a fire because the chainsaw sharpener housing got hot. This unit is protected by a polypropylene covering that stays cool to the touch.
The spindle lock allows you to stop the spindle from moving to make it easier to change the grinding stones. I like anything that makes my work easier and safer to do.
- Has a spindle lock to make changing the grinding wheels easy and safe
- Powered by a 12v battery so you can use it wherever you are at even when you do not have electricity available to you
- Diamond stones available as an accessory
- High impact polypropylene cover that is hard to crack and weather resistant. It does not rust.
- Unit stays cool to the touch even when it is operating
- An angle guide for 20 degree angles, 25 degree angles, and 30 degree angles
- Easy to use
- Not as powerful as the devices that plug into an electrical wall receptacle
- The wheels that come with it do not last as long as diamond wheels do
This is a weather resistant, lightweight, easy to carry device that will allow you to sharpen the teeth on your chainsaw no matter where you are and having the ability to use an electric chainsaw sharpener while you are in the woods means a lot. You will not have to carry as many extra chains with you. You will not overwork or overheat your saw because of a dull blade. You will not spend as much time trying to sharpen a dull chain.