When I first got my cabin in the woods I bought a chainsaw to cut firewood with. I also bought a file to keep the chain sharp. I wish I bought Oregon saw sharpener at that time. After several trips back to the shop where I bought my saw to have my chain professionally sharpened, and to buy replacement chains because mine were wearing out so quickly a friend suggested I get an electric chainsaw sharpener. I have never regretted replacing my hand held file with this Oregon chain saw sharpener.
Things I Love about this Oregon saw Sharpener
This Oregon chain saw sharpener has so many great features that choosing the ones I love about it proved to be very difficult. I finally decided to simply highlight three of the features because I loved every feature this chainsaw sharpener has.
When you are sharpening a chain you need to place the chain properly in the vise and set the adjustments to give you the proper pitch, angle, and length on each tooth. The built-in light of this automatic chainsaw sharpener improves your visibility to help you make the settings and adjustments you need to make.
One Way Motor Rotation
The one way motor rotation on this Oregon chain saw sharpener is actually a safety feature. The chain will only turn in one direction so you do not have to worry about your fingers being pinched, or loose clothing being caught and pulled into the device.
Self centering Chain Vise
This Oregon chain saw sharpener is made easier to use by the self-centering chain vise. In order for the chainsaw sharpener to be able to properly sharpen each tooth on the chain the teeth must be positioned properly in the vise. You can spend a long time making sure that you have the proper alignment when you are using most chainsaw sharpeners. The self centering vise makes this adjustment for you with each tooth so you can relax and rest assured that each tooth will be sharpened properly.
- Can handle high volume sharpening
- A dressing brick is included
- A quick check grinding template is included
- Three grinding wheels are included
- One way motor rotation
- Sharpens the majority of chain sizes
- Weighs less than twenty pounds
- Has a built in light
- Has a self centering chain vise
- Customizable vise handle positioning
- Has top plate settings as well as down angle settings
Buy Oregon 520-120 Bench Saw Chain Grinder Now
- The vise only grips one link of the chain at a time so you will need to keep pressure on the chain using the ratchet
- The instruction manual makes it difficult to understand how to properly set your chains in the electric chainsaw sharpener.
I know that everyone is different but I can assure you that this automatic chainsaw sharpener is one of the easiest to use on the market today. I am not a complete dunce, but I do not catch onto new things very quickly. It only took me a couple of times of using this chainsaw sharpener and I became proficient at using it.