Makita XCU02Z Lithium Ion Cordless Chainsaw
Makita XCU02Z Lithium Ion Cordless Battery Chainsaw is a uniquely built chainsaw powered by two 18V batteries. It has a runtime for corded and gas powered demands. The chainsaw is excellent for normal use, however, it is important to note that as far as intensive hardwood cutting is concerned, gas powered chainsaw should be used due to its strength and high speed.
I personally bought the Makita XCU02Z Lithium Ion Cordless Chainsaw some two years back and I have become to love it due to the following features it has. I live in a ranch community where people value tranquility more than anything else. Before buying this cordless chainsaw, I was using the Poulan Pro which used to make a lot of noise in the neighborhood.
Although my neighbors could not complain, I felt deep inside that I was causing a lot of discomfort with the gas powered chainsaw. Everything changed the day I bought Makita XCU02Z Lithium Ion Cordless Chainsaw. The chainsaw is so quiet to an extent that I cannot disturb the sleep of my neighbor sitting outdoors while using this chainsaw to clear my yard!
Another important feature I noted about the chainsaw is that it does not liberate the irritating smell associated with gas powered chainsaw. I am one person who is usually put off with such smell and since I purchased this chainsaw, my working environment has been tremendously improved.
Makita XCU02Z Lithium Ion Cordless Chainsaw does not excrete fume as it is powered by a battery. The safety of the user is also put into consideration in this chainsaw. It has an efficient chain brake that as soon as you let go of the trigger, the chainsaw comes to a sudden stop. You do not need tools to adjust chain or the bar; simply adjust the knobs using your hands.
Battery powered chainsaw needs less maintenance as compared to gas powered chainsaw.
Table of Contents
Features of Makita XCU02Z Lithium Ion Cordless Chainsaw
- 1650FPM Chain speed: Makita XCU02Z Lithium Ion Cordless Chainsaw has a high cutting speed that enables you to cut several trees with just a single charge.
- Two 18V Lithium-Ion battery: the chainsaw is powered by the two 18V battery. It is important to note that the battery and the charger are not included while purchasing the chainsaw.
- 18dB (A) noise level: this chainsaw has a reduced noise level, hence conducive to be used around noise sensitive properties or neighborhood.
- Tool-free chain adjustment: you do not require tools to customize the chain, hence making the chainsaw convenient to operate and at the same time minimizes the maintenance cost.
- Hand guard: it has a front hand guard that enhances the efficiency of the chain brake when betrothed.
- Low maintenance: the chainsaw is cordless hence no need to replace engine oil, spark plug, clean air filters or have to drain fuel for storage purposes.
- Lightweight: weighs only 8.8 pounds when batteries are excluded, hence easy to handle.
- Handle grip: the soft grip top handle is made of rubber to enhance ergonomic grip while using the chainsaw. The rubberized grip handle enables the user to exert even cutting pressure.
- Measurement: the chainsaw measures 11” X 10” X12”.
- Makes the user comfortable due to the lower noise level.
- It can be conveniently maintained without using tools. You only need to adjust the knob using your hand in order to tighten the chain.
- Has a high cutting speed of 1650FPM, hence saves time.
- Makita XCU02Z Lithium Ion Cordless Chainsaw is associated with zero emissions and abridged maintenance.
- Does not require assembly; you just insert the charged battery and the chainsaw will be ready to be used.
- It is equipped with an electric brake to deliver high performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long does it take for 3AH battery to be fully charged?
A: the 3AH battery takes about 30 minutes to be fully charged. On a single charge, you can use the chainsaw for up to 4 hours of continuous use before the batteries run down.
Q: Does it come with a charger?
A: Apparently not. It is stated that it is a bare tool; hence it does not come with the batteries or a charger. You will have to purchase them differently.
Q: What is the weight of the chainsaw when batteries are included?
A: When the batteries are included, it weighs 10 lbs. However, without the batteries, the chainsaw weighs 8.8 lbs.
If you are looking for a unique chainsaw, easy to use, high cut speed, efficiency, reduced noise and zero emissions, then Makita XCU02Z Lithium Ion Cordless Chainsaw should be among your priority list. It is equipped with first class features and is light weight, hence can be used by both genders. To maintain high performance of the Makita XCU02Z Lithium Ion Cordless Chainsaw, always ensure the chains are adjusted appropriately.