This chainsaw is ideal for cutting trees of up to 16” in diameter and rare cutting of large trees of up to 30” in diameter. GreenWorks 80V Cordless Chainsaw is uniquely designed and built for clearing yards; pruning, felling trees, clearing bush and for cutting firewood into pieces. It can also be used in clearing storm debris and cutting into pieces fallen trees. It is very useful for people who prefer living in a ranch community.
Its power is equivalent to the 45cc gas chainsaw, but with added advantages such as zero emissions and lower maintenance cost. If you are a person who is mindful about quality and style, then this chainsaw can work best for you.
A key feature about the GreenWorks 80V Cordless Chainsaw is its brushless motor, which is coupled with many advantages such as reduced noise and vibration, high performance, increased efficiency, increased reliability, prolong battery lifetime, non-existence of ionizing sparks from the machine and a general decrease of electromagnetic interference.
More Read: Best Pole Saw
As it can be seen, brushless motor is a tremendous innovation, which delivers 30% more torque, which means less noise. It also contributes to 70% reduced vibration, hence making user comfortable while cutting down trees. Brushless motors are well-known for lesser consumption of power, hence prolonging the battery life.
GreenWorks 80V Cordless Chainsaw is equipped with 18” bar and chain for a smooth and efficient cutting. It has a firm ergonomic grip enabled by metal wraparound handle. This not only makes the user exert even pressure while cutting, but it also makes the chainsaw sturdy and safe to use.
You do need to oil the chain and bar manually as this chainsaw comes with an automatic oiling mechanism. The chainsaw weighs 13.7 lbs, which is though heavier than most of the battery- powered chainsaws, it is advantageous to the user. The chainsaw is well balanced and the heavy weight confirms to you that indeed, this chainsaw is designed and built to handle heavy –duty cutting.
Table of Contents
Features of GreenWorks Pro 80V 18 Inch Chainsaw
- Flat bottom surface: this allows the user to conveniently put it down without worrying that it might fall over.
- Electronic chain brake: this ensures the user’s safety as it protects the user, just in case of kickback.
- Batteries: GreenWorks 80V Cordless Chainsaw uses either 2Ah or 4Ah battery 80V Lithium-Ion battery. The 2Ah battery charges a faster rate of just 30 minutes while 4Ah on the other hand takes about 45 minutes to be fully charged. The fact that the battery charge extremely fast is impressive as the user will have more time cutting down trees or bushes rather than waiting for the battery to charge. The charger and battery come with the chainsaw.
- Single charge: the 2Ah battery cuts up to 150 trees on a single charge.
- Brushless motors: brushless motor is a tremendous innovation which delivers 30% more torque, which means less noise. It also contributes to 70% reduced vibration, hence making user comfortable while cutting down trees.
- Dimensions: the chainsaw measures 7.56”X 9.65” X 32.4”. The chainsaw weighs 10.8 pounds.
- 18” bar and chain: this delivers high performance coupled with effortless cuttings.
- It is more efficient and reliable than gas powered chainsaw
- In just a single charge, the chainsaw works up to 60 minutes of continuous use. Charge time is just 30 minutes!
- Always ready to work, you just have to insert the batteries and push the trigger.
- It has reduced maintenance cost owing from the fact it uses brushless motor and is cordless.
- It stands out of the crowd as the most powerful chainsaw in the market.
- It provides a perfect working environment due to the reduced noise produced.
- No carbon emissions are encountered while using this chainsaw.
- It saves you both energy and resources as you do not have to buy gas anymore.
Questions and Answers
Q: The chainsaw uses which type of chain?
A: It uses the Oregon chain: 91PX062G.
Q: Can the chainsaw be used by 4Ah battery?
A: Yes. The GreenWorks 80V Cordless Chainsaw uses either a 2Ah or 4Ah 80V Lithium-Ion battery. The 2Ah battery charges a faster rate of just 30 minutes while 4Ah on the other hand takes about 45 minutes to be fully charged.
Q: Is the motor brushless?
A: Yes. The chainsaw is equipped with brushless motor which helps in minimizing maintenance cost as well as reduces noise and vibration by 70%.
GreenWorks 80V Cordless Chainsaw is ideal for heavy-duty cutting coupled with long lasting batteries. It is the most powerful chainsaw in the market selling at an affordable price. The better part of it is that, it comes as a complete package; the two batteries and the charger are included.
The chainsaw has exemplary performance and is perfect for homeowners who are in need of occasional clearing tools. It saves you both energy and resources as compared to using gas powered chainsaw.
Feedback? Rate us: